FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to credit post-Jan. 1?
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:33 am
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
So, there's an off chance that I'll wind up on VX once or twice after the new year (I've got a regular TCON trip, and if I can't make the ATL-SEA lie-flat flight work then VX is my fallback...I'm covered on status with VS-via-DL, so I'm basically unchained until April). Prior to that the answer (in my mind, at least) is "keep on with Elevate" (even as AS tries to push Mileage Plan, the plain truth is that an F flight on VX will still generally do better under Elevate-and-Convert than under Mileage Plan), but afterwards I'm open to options. I've got a pot of miles over on SQ (and a large transferrable pile elsewhere, so converting for trips to Europe and elsewhere is definitely on the table), I wound up with a random pile on BA (I got something like 10k miles for an HEL-LHR-YYZ award flight courtesy of VX...no, there were no blood sacrifices involved in making that happen, I swear!), and I'm willing to consider AS as a viable option due to my pile-o-miles there from VX (and likely augmentation with their CC...if nothing else, pile preservation is a thing), but otherwise it's standing out as a mixed bag and I'm not going to have any status there come Jan. 1.

(Of course, once AS starts ripping out the VX product, I'm moving on over to DL for now since if I've gotta connect on a TCON I might as well get a proper bed out of the deal, and I might seriously look at B6 as time goes by.)
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but isn't Elevate going away Jan 1?