FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic First Class SAAver award floodgates opened over Xmas
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:18 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by formeraa
It sounds like some FTers were able to get award seat availability DURING the schedule change. While a schedule change is going on, inventory is set to default levels (which can have the effect of temporarily opening a lot of inventory). Once the schedule change is complete, normal inventory level are restored.
Actually, when the "daytime" LAX-BNA was drastically rescheduled (6ish hours later eastbound, 4ish hours later westbound) and changed from 319 to 738, all of the low-priced categories were zeroed out yesterday (they're looking normal today) for Xmas week (I'm not sure how much beyond that yet), and the lowest price for a one-way coach was coming up $1400 or so, so I doubt there was award availability at that point on that route (but I didn't think to check award availability, since I was so shocked at the drastic change in schedule). There's definitely no award availability today.

Did the changes where the award availability appeared entail both timing and plane type, like this LAX-BNA change did?