FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:30 pm
JJonahJ

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by teestar
Thank you for the feedback and the clarification from others about 2 stopovers on the same leg. The $600 in fees does seem quite steep, but honestly is a huge improvement as before I started researching and reading the advice and tips through flyertalk, the multitrip I created from YVR - LRH - MLE - LRH was going to cost $1450 in fees and I was already considering it before thinking, "No, there must be a better way!".

I've found a slight alternative that prices in at about $180 less pp by switching out a stop for an open jaw by flying to MLE from CDG instead of LHR. This seems to be a better option since it removes the Air passenger duty? Especially since we'd like to visit Paris as well! Adds on 3 hours to the flight time but a $350 savings in fees for both of us.

Apologies for the newbie questions. Still have a long ways to go to figuring the system out and appreciate the insight the forum offers!

YVR - EWR AC J (Stop)
EWR - LHR UA J
(Open jaw)
CDG - ZHR LX J
ZHR - DEL LX J
DEL - MLE AI J (Dest)
MLE - DEL AI J
DEL - ICN OZ J
ICN - YVR AC J

This RTW would put us in at ~$468 in taxes/fees.
Probably won't "fly". Your OJ has to be at your Destination or Origin. You're OJ'ing with LHR and CDG.