FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AV: JFK - MVD in J for $1,087
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:57 pm
vincewy

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Turn around at LPB/VVI possible?

I've just priced out tickets JFK-LIM for $838 in J with a twist, it involves quick turnaround in Bolivia. I would consider if I don't need to get visa ($160 USD for US passport holders) in Bolivia and in this case agent in LIM can tag my bag all the way to JFK.

JFK-LIM day 1
LIM-LPB day 10
LPB-JFK day 11

The same plane stays in LPB 2 hours, if you choose VVI it's 5 hours.

Other combinations worth looking, although not necessarily MR fares, that can be combined with this JFK-MVD pricing

MIA-CUZ,MVD-JFK and vice versa from $1178
, all in business, D fares. From MIA, it's priced almost the same with other cities in Peru.

MIA/FLL-SCL,MVD-JFK and vice versa from $1250, all in business in D fares, JFK-MVD, E (economy) and A (business) between Florida and SCL, the economy segment is usually MIA-BOG or SCL-LIM, some OTAs offer all business for about $100 more in A for both segments, both A and E earn 100% miles for most *A programs.

This is the US-SCL mixed class tickets with the shorter segments in Y (E fare) and longer segments in J (A fare), with MIA and FLL being the cheapest.

Another possibility to take advantage of JFK-MVD, if you're planning trips to South America, plus 1 in Central America,

JFK-MVD,SCL-LIM/BOG-GUA/SJO/PTY/SAL/MEX/CUN from $1158 with MEX
, all segments in business, D with JFK-MVD, A with SCL-CAm.

Depending on where you're located it can be very cheap to get back to US or Canada from one of those CAm cities in Y. It may also be possible to get to Caribbean instead of CAm from SCL.

Last edited by vincewy; Sep 29, 2017 at 7:32 am