FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Needed Points for Choice Hotel Stay
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:28 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
Hmm, I think you & your wife are experiencing some of the same issues that I have recently (plus possibly an unannounced devaluation). Please see my post (#26) in this other thread:
Points plus cash - technical problem

On the hotel "overview" page (at the bottom of the blue-shaded section), Choice would display the current "point prices" as well as typically point prices for the next quarter or season when they would change (I assume this is due to supply/demand factors based on the travel season). However, I'm no longer seeing this information disclosed, which is not good for the consumer. Actually, it's very frustrating too - since now you just have to rely on doing a hotel search based on a date within your booking window and hope that the points price for your stay date(s) doesn't change by the time you do get into your booking window....
I haven't had time to look at many hotels, but the other day I was looking at the web page for one Choice hotel in California, and it once again showed the "calendar" of point prices currently and in the next period. So are they back overall?