FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quality Only Suites CDG Airport - has this property left Choice Hotels?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:39 pm
Dadofsix

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Change of ownership/flagging is a touchy area with hotels. Generally I see the reservation remains with the property regardless the change. If they are planning on being reopened by the time of your reservation, they may deem it valid and you may see a no-show charge to your CC. Given they are closed at the moment, you may have a tough time reaching anyone that can confirm a cancellation. Document contacts you have made and the results to show your intent. You may also try a written letter to the address to see if there is any response. The only other option would be to close the account used to book the stay and hope your CC does not forward the charge to the new account.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
That shouldn't be your only option I would think. The OP should be able to notify the credit card company of the issue ahead of the possible charge. Then, if the charge does appear, the credit card company will have a record of the OP having contacted them beforehand which could help in the OP disputing the charge.
Thanks for your feedback, this is helpful. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that the hotel may re-open under another brand (or independent) at some point before the date of my stay. I'll keep an eye on this over the next few months as my stay is still about 3 months away and I will also contact my credit card company.