FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quality Only Suites CDG Airport - has this property left Choice Hotels?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:26 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Dadofsix
So the best information that I've gotten from Choice over the past 5 weeks (after pursuing multiple channels) is from their International Guest Services Desk who told me that this hotel is no longer part of the Choice brand, but that they don't have current information for the hotel. They Googled the hotel address and phone number for me (as if I couldn't do that myself!) which was the same as before anyway and the hotel phone number (011 33 1 34 38 45 40) is currently disconnected, so not much help there....

Then it occurred to me that there is a Crowne Plaza hotel across the street. So I called them and told them I was an IHG Platinum member (which I am) and that I was wondering if they could do me a favor and tell me if they knew the status of the Quality Only Suites hotel across the street. As I suspected, that hotel has been closed.

So I guess the only remaining question I have is, what is the standard communication protocol for a chain hotel which closes? (I'm not sure how often this happens but I assume it does happen occasionally -- the reviews from July and earlier on Trip Advisor are absolutely dreadful and I really shouldn't have booked there in the first place.) Anyway, I guess I just assumed that Choice would have informed customers with existing reservations at this property that their reservations are no longer valid. I'm sure glad that I noticed this reservation no longer displaying in my online account and I questioned it - or I would've been in for one big surprise on the day of my stay....
Change of ownership/flagging is a touchy area with hotels. Generally I see the reservation remains with the property regardless the change. If they are planning on being reopened by the time of your reservation, they may deem it valid and you may see a no-show charge to your CC. Given they are closed at the moment, you may have a tough time reaching anyone that can confirm a cancellation. Document contacts you have made and the results to show your intent. You may also try a written letter to the address to see if there is any response. The only other option would be to close the account used to book the stay and hope your CC does not forward the charge to the new account.