FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:37 pm
Raynyan

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
InterContinental Singapore

InterContinental Singapore

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
This is my after 3years interval stay. Over all is Yes. But I have a little mixed feelings.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the Executive Suite of InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay, but as you guys know their opening date has been postponed, reservation office transferred my reservation to InterContinental Singapore, then received the Ambassador Suite plus 30000pts and future guaranteed upgrade for the Penthouse of InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay. (This alternatives required some negotiations)

How are the rooms?
114sqm. The renovation has done in 2015. Extremely comfortable bed, High ceiling, Huge living, Two large LCD TV in the living and bedroom, and one small LCD TV in the study room. Bathroom is just a refurbish level, I couldn’t see any difference to before the renovation in this bathroom.

Video of Ambassador Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
Staff’s service level is still excellent even though most of staff have been changed in past 3years. On the other hands, F&B offering is downhill. 7years ago, this Club Lounge F&B offering was one of the best in the world. But now I must say F&B offering of here is one of the worst in the world. Especially Cocktail Time is disaster! Poor meal options and weak (nearly mocktail) Singapore Sling... OMFG! I cannot justify 177SGD price gap between Deluxe and Club Room!

How was the mini-bar?
So-so. But 5~7years ago was much better.

What was your welcome gift?
TWG Tea Box (Hotel exclusive blend)

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good and what was bad?
Good
+++++ Renovated Ambassador Suite
+++++ Excellent Club staff services
+++++ Victoria BAR
+++++ In-room snacks as Ambassador amenity

Bad
---------- Club Lounge F&B offering (It must be improved immediately!)
----- WiFi speed is JOKE
----- I had kept to wait for room is ready until 5PM. (Even though I understand need to wait other Ambassador member’s check-out)

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Probably.