FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:56 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Perdita
I'm giddy with good news! I was able to snag 4 Business MileSAAver (U) awards for ORD-MAD-LHR on IB for next July. I found 2 one day and then 2 more 3 days later. After reading all the doom and gloom about lack of MileSAAver awards (yes I read that entire thread, too), I am beyond excited to have found these awards! Thanx to @JDiver for the advice & direction.

Here's a question: I have the awards in 2 separate holds (2x2). Should I leave them separate or have them merged before ticketing? In other words, is there an advantage to having them apart or together? Specifically, I am thinking in terms of the next question.

I've heard great thing about the AA 77W business product. How does it compare to the IB business product? Reason I am asking is I am wondering if I should watch for ORD-JFK-LHR on AA100 to become available, or just be happy with the 4 U awards on IB. How would that work if the 4 current awards are on one PNR or 2 PNRs and I find availability on AA100?

Last question - I am working on the CPH-ORD ride home. In EF searching for IB, I can see U listed for a HEL-ORD flt as "IB (AY) 4933", but when I try to search AY awards, I am only able to search in X (economy). How do I get around this? Is there an EF users forum someplace?
That's good!

I like to keep my trips on one PNR if possible for management purposes. If AA100 becomes available, no problem. (But Iberia is just fine, as you'll see, transatlantic - just as long as you have sufficient connecting time, because BCN and MAD have been taking longer to process security.)

You can't book codeshares as awards, so for AY you must find availability on AY.