FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:23 am
CloudCoder

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Their website made me answer extra security questions (or sometimes it made me validate by text or email) every. single. login. Even if I had just logged out a few minutes ago, it still made me re-validate every time.

I contacted customer service who kept sending boilerplate replies about "security of your account", "validate your I.P. address", etc. In other words, pure b.s.

BTW, I knew all along what the real issue was.

To test my theory, when I returned home from the most recent trip, I tried to log in from the same secure, validated I.P. address I always use. The website made me answer extra security questions. I logged off and back on. It made me validate by SecurCode sent via email or text.

Then I opened the envelope which had been sitting at home for the past week. It contained the brand-spanking-new Silver Aviator card. I validated the card online.

Then logged in.

Suddenly I'm no longer a Security Risk.

Takeaway: if they send you a new card in the mail, you're a "security risk", every time you log in, until you validate the card.

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Wow, what an irritating website. For the last several days, every time you log on, you must either:
  • Answer extra "security" questions, or
  • Validate via email or text
Yes, I understand the Equifax thing makes it easier for crooks to set up new credit cards in your name. But what is the benefit of constantly hassling your existing customers?