FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Georgian - no planes , no pilots
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:01 pm
OldVines

Location: Relocated to YYJ in 2017, got bored and moved to YVR
Programs: AC - Elite 50K, BA - down to Bronze, SQ - down to Silver, IHG - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond
Air Georgian - no planes , no pilots

it's a Friday evening, and once again I am sitting in Medicine Hat airport while the harassed gate agents rebook people on redeyes and flights tomorrow. And once again there is no chance of me making my connection to YYJ.

Both the staff, the other passengers and the general public in the City say that Air Georgian are suffering from old unreliable planes, a shortage of spare parts and a shortage of Pilots.

It says Air Canada on the ticket and the planes, but this route is flown by Air Georgian on their behalf.

I have several more flights booked, but I will be cancelling them, and driving the YYC YXH leg in the future.

I can understand weather delays, and sympathise with airlines when they have to deal with hurricanes. But this is maintenance and planning, not unforeseen circumstances. American Airlines went the extra mile to get me out of IAH during Hurricane Harvey last month, even though I have no status with them. I've done 49 sectors so far this year with AC, and get the feeling that they just say "It's not us, it's Air Georgian"

There is no food or drink in the airport at YXH, so while I wait for the outside chance of a flight tonight my only entertainment is Flyer Talk. Perhaps one of the AC experts can help me understand why Air Canada use Air Georgian.