FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH2387 Business Class Geneve to Munich; then LH730 First Class Munich to HKG
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:46 am
worldclubber

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by daumueller
as you're in Business, the seat next to you will be empty so if it is standard size, it will fit under the seat and you're good. if it doesn't fit - it doesn't fit and needs to be checked plane-side (it will go to a separate compartment and you'll receive it when leaving the plane in MUC where you will be met by your limo Driver).

If you want to be safe: pack in a way, that the most sensitive Equipment is in a bag small enough to fit under the seat and the rest in a bag/backpack that you can live without for 1 hour.
My thought exactly: I fly on LH CRJs a lot and always travel with two pieces, a cabin-sized trolley and a slightly smaller laptop-backpack that can be attached to the trolley. I then check my trolley plane-side and take the backpack with laptop, cellphone, sensitive documents, breakables etc. with me on the plane. Has turned out to be the perfect strategy for the small planes and should probably also work for the thread-starter.