FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calling to ask destination before pickup
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:27 pm
HWGeeks

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by john2g1
I really don't get the anti tipping sentiment displayed by some on this forum.

Do you remember taxis? You had to tell dispatch where you were and where you were going and if it was to rural or you were too far out then tough luck.

The Uber/Lyft driver has no idea how far you are going or how much he/she will make.

The passenger however knows that they paid less than $10 and that the driver just drove for 20 mins to make peanuts and possibly less than what he spent to get there.

Why? Why not tip a dollar or two to show gratitude that the driver was willing to go that far?

Keep in mind every time this happens to a new driver that's one more driver who swears off long distance pick ups or who starts to call and ask for the destination.

No one likes a garbage driver so why treat them like trash?
I really don't get why I must pay you an additional tip if I do not wish to because you or your colleagues did not provide what I deemed good service because you opted for a job that pays you peanuts for a 20 minute drive.

I use uber because it allows me to pay peanuts for that 20 minute drive. Hell in the Dominican Republic I paid less than 5 bucks for a 40 minute drive. it was lovely.