FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Northern lights lounge Aberdeen serious lapse in security today [CS issue]
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:37 am
UKtravelbear
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Agree with this and don't like to gang up on a FT member. Most people agree that their concerns were misplaced here and that challenging the staff member was unreasonable, but also the staff member could have handled the situation much better by explaining why it wasn't a security risk to the OP, instead of saying they were being abusive.
I agree to a degree on the frst part but given the inflamatory post then robust responses should be expected but not the second.

Some people are assuming the actions / words / attitude of the lounge guardian based on what the OP wrote. But none of us were there so we don't know.

She may have very well tried to explain the risks to the OPs husband who may have talked over her.

Remember the OP stated that her husband told her at least twice he "was not happy that the suitcase was being left". If he also threw in 'I'll report you and get you sacked' - as intimated by the OP that they did later - "hope she is dealt with severely" - then that can be regarded as abusive.

As can be - in the OPs own words - "I advised her in my opinion she was not doing her job properly".

Being abused is how the person at the end of it feels not the perpetrator, his wife or any witnesses. You might think telling someone you are going to get them into trouble isn't abuse but to others it is.