FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QX cutting flights due to pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:02 pm
Chugach

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by WebTraveler
I don't need to fly to Seattle to go somewhere. I can take a competitor on a non-stop flight if I need to. Why do I need to take PDX-SEA-MCI? or PDX-SEA-STL I can go non-stop on Southwest? I can also make it to Denver on Southwest. I can make it to the Bay Area, San Diego, Dallas, Chicago and many other places I go. If I need to change airplanes I might as well change in a place that makes sense rather than fly out of my way to Seattle?

I also do not like the AA and DL changes. We had much of America covered before, this Virgin Air thing is just bullsh** for existing customers.

So yes, it is the Great PDX screw job by Brad Tilton.

A good marketing campaign by Southwest could net some good business out of Portland. A lot of us don't like the seating game on Southwest, but I will tell you this - 95% of the time I will take a nonstpp flight versus a change flight. Time is money.
I get the frustration, but the bottom line is PDX is a smaller market than SEA and SFO. The writing was always on the wall with the QX situation...if any hub was going to get hammered it’s PDX. It stinks but it is what it is...complain using your wallet.