FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:03 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by Happy
The Chase new policy - Only one Sapphire card at any given time, and the sign up bonus is once from the family each 24 months. That means even if we cancel the CSR and then get the CSP, we would not get the bonus from CSP.

For our travel needs, Star Alliances work much better than OneWorld. Therefore UR works better. Next to it is AMEX Membership Reward which can be transferred to Aeroplan or DL. Amazingly how DL and AA has traded places when it comes to award seats availability on their own metals. We flew SLC-DFW-FLL a few days ago using AA miles. At the time of booking DL had availability on almost every day for our date range yet it was rather difficult to find AA availability. But since we have far more AA miles than DL miles I trued to use AA miles instead given the cost is the same.

I have only flown WN once almost 20 years ago on a reluctant business trip. My husband has never flown WN. Domestic travels do not apply to us in the most part. I do agree for many people the WN companion pass is the best value out there. Just not for us. For example for the hoopla of the Marriott TP, we did one to AS miles and one to Aeroplan, taken advantage of the 25% bonus in March. Then Aeroplan had a 35% bonus in August. Bummer as I dont want to pile up too much.

The attraction of the Aviator 60K is the no spend requirement. You virtually pay $95 to buy 60K miles. Very cheap. Though in our case it is still like throwing money away to add to an existing heap. It would take us 2 or more years before we get to use THAT 60K. Therefore having cash equivalent actually works better. Though the cheap cost still is a big draw. LOL.
It's addicting , we have about 2 million AA miles that we have no plans to use but I keep getting them because it's and easy 65K/$3K

Same with UA, only 170K or so but I see MSP to HNL for 22.5K and MSP/BDL for 25K one way, lol I can fly MSP/BDL nonstop on DL for 12.5 K one way

WN actually has nicer planes now than DL for my MSP/BDL trips except DL is non stop so they win if I fly alone. If my wife comes I don't mind the layovers and of course it's 2 for 1 using CP

We use the Arrival, BOA travel rewards and Venture points for free room charges in Vegas and would have like a fresh card for our Keys trip next year so we either have to grab the Arrival as say card # 4 for my wife or hope Capital One approves her after the 5 Chase cards.

Neither of us have ever had a CSR card ( I have an INK) and my wife has never had a business card at all so we are going to try some of those next year.

All these new rules , stacks of open cards...............I'm ready for a break. Maybe 2 more AA cards, Another Alaska and Marriott Business and I'm done until late 2019.........possibly a last app for a cap one but I doubt I get approved

OK, off topic rant over , lol