FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $25 million better spent at QF
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:03 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by crub
Most customers wont experience the issues you have.

The company is making money, which is his main task.

If you have problems with the customer service don't use the airline.

I don't understand how you can join the two dots Epiqure sent me the wrong wine therefore Alan Joyce is getting paid too much. Personally I don't mind epiqure sending me the wrong wine it just meant free wine for me in the past.
Unfortunately customers are reporting long wait times to speak with QF: based on myself, friends who have rung QF, various threads on this board discussing the issue.
'
Do you have any actual data to share?

A cursory online search on customer behaviours would indicate that most customers give up waiting within 2 minutes - a statistic even more critical if your competitors haven't have run their own call centres into the ground. Simply not good business practice.

QF admit that their own target for reward reinstatement is 21 days - the reinstatement goes through multiple steps and offices - inefficient for the company to manage, more to go wrong and out of step with the competition who can manage in a simply process near instantly.

And you expect QF to giveaway $540 worth of wine (6 bottles of Toolangi Block F Chardonnay in this case) every time somebody messes up? You think that is business savvy?

QF Group profit is down by 17% from 2016 to 2017 - QF International has declining revenues (from $5,750m to $5,708 m) declining underlying EBIT (from $512m to $327m) and declining operating margin (from 8.9% to 5.7%).

Of course I've taken most of my business elsewhere - in fact over the last 12 months I've spent more of my personal time on call hold and chasing up QF's mess ups than actually sitting on their aircraft.