FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza The Hamilton - Washingtin D.C. (Master Thread)
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:49 pm
Lennys26v2

As one of our valued IHG Reward Club members, we are writing you regarding your upcoming reservation for the Crowne Plaza The Hamilton – Washington DC. We wanted to take the time to inform you that the hotel is no longer part of the IHG family of hotels. I would like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The hotel has assured us they will still be able to honor your reservation. Unfortunately, they will be unable to offer IHG Reward Club benefits, points, or credit for the stay. If you have any questions or would like to cancel your reservation, you may contact the hotel directly. The phone number for the hotel is (202) 682-0111. If you prefer to stay with another IHG property where you can enjoy all the benefits of the IHG Rewards Club program, we invite you to visit our website to book alternate accommodations at www.ihg.com.
Totally unacceptable. I have a reservation starting in just 4 days and I have just received the above. It was only 4 weeks ago that I booked this stay (via IHG) on an IHG Member rate (prepaid), and I have even traded emails with the hotel concierge directly since to confirm my Platinum Elite status and benefits. How is it possible that no warning or notice was given to let me know that they would be leaving the group?

And this will also kill my goals in as far as my Accellerate promotion, throwing things way off.

Anyone have any ideas for recourse? My loss really is my standard points and expected benefits, as well as the promotion loss. There is a conference in town and understand that everything is well booked up across town, so rebooking will be difficult.

Thanks.

Last edited by Lennys26v2; Sep 18, 2017 at 10:01 pm