FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair are thieves in my opinion
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:33 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by davidj1
Wow it sounds like the flight was overbooked and you were bumped (really badly)! Really poor customer service by the sounds of it.
It doesn't sound like that at all. There is certainly nothing in what the OP has stated that makes that sound like a possibility. If they were to bump, they would have far easier targets for bumping than someone with a paid seat reservation and priority boarding already holding a boarding pass; besides, according to their passenger charter, they don't overbook.

However, given that the OP has given no indication of why the airline thought the ticket/boarding pass was no longer valid - and why the OP seemingly booked the replacement flight themselves (rather than taking it up with Ryanair, and getting them to rebook them if there was a real mistake), makes me wonder if there is more to the story than we have been told...

To the OP: did you access your booking and/or print out your boarding pass from an internet café, hotel business centre, or somewhere else where other people may have obtained access to the records of your booking?

(That said, it's not possible to cancel Ryanair bookings, and it seems unlikely a malicious hacker would pay to change the flights - I don't have any active Ryanair bookings at present to go and check to see what mischief someone could cause to a booking without paying, but perhaps there are things that could be done to effectively "cancel" your flight. So you should pursue them more vigorously to explain how a reservation could be "cancelled", if this is their line of defence).

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 18, 2017 at 6:42 am