FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:40 am
NavSTL

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
IC Hong Kong

Spire Ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior Suite, got Deluxe Intercontinental Suite (using BOGO certificate), which works out to at least a double upgrade.

How are the rooms?
This one was spectacular--panoramic harbor and city views, comfy everything, bathroom bigger than most apartments and more gadgets and doodads than you can shake a stick at.

How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't have time to check, unfortunately.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
  • Best view from room I've ever had; hard to imagine a better one existing anywhere in the world
  • Spacious
  • Service polite but never obsequious
  • Extras absolutely PILED on--welcome letter at check-in, another in the room, literally ten different kinds of fruit AND a box of chocolates AND a little sake cup AND a bottle of Champagne waiting on ice when I got there AND complimentary drink in the bar AND a food credit
Bad:
  • Didn't get to stay longer
  • A bit tough to get a cab from the forecourt due to the long driveway, if there aren't any right there waiting when you walk up, but that's a championship-grade nitpick if ever there was one
  • Well-maintained but due for (and getting) a renovation soon--doesn't need much but the decor could do with a touch of modernizing. It's tasteful but not quite 2017-tasteful, if that makes sense.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It was not cheap by any stretch, but I ended up paying about US$1,000 for two nights in a room that routinely costs US$2,000 per night and would be thought fairly priced at that. If you can wrangle a harbor-view room for any price you'd consider reasonable--or, heaven willing, points--do it and you will not be disappointed.