FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA brand hanging by a thread?...
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:14 am
dinbangkok

Programs: Thai Airways ROP *G; British Airways Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
After reading this I still don't understand why the "BA brand is hanging by a thread"?

Sure, they have things they need to work on, but if you have flown many other carriers, you will realise that grass isn't always much greener in the other side. And you will only stay with BA since you have a few hundred k in Avios doesn't say much in terms of your loyalty to BA, so why should you expect so much more from them?

I am by no means a "BA apologist", but am also a firm believer that loyalty is a two-way game, hence my query :-)
Fair point. I guess I felt immensely disappointed by BA after having regularly experienced a vastly better product and service on other OW & *A carriers. Granted there is an Asia bias to my opinion based on where I spend most of my time. I grew up (in London) with BA so feel a degree of nostalgia and dare I say it, patriotism for the brand. I just wish they'd find a way to compete better on product and service with the national airlines of the newer economies of the world (Perhaps this is an unfair comparison given the underlying costs). But, as much of the hotel business recognises, it's the smaller details that tend to make the biggest difference, from how you sustain and evolve the relationship with your loyalty members, to recognising that customers at your hub airport might fancy a hot meal before 6 o'clock in the evening. I'd be the first to use BA more than other OW carriers if I felt they were taking care of these small details :-)