FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not offering amenity advertised.
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:46 pm
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by skier66
I know this may sound petty, but on almost every flight there is a mixture of blue coach blankets on some seats in the first class cabin. I see this weekly. Delta advertised Westin blankets in first class more than a year ago. Why can't they cater the flights properly? I have complained many times and they always say they will pass it along, but it never changes. Does anyone else find this annoying?
The blue or grey "blankets" you see ARE the relatively new Westin branded blankets. The red blankets that MSP references are the older version and those are not Westin branded.

Note that the blankets are listed as being available in first class. In main cabin, sometimes they appear on random seats, but they are not a definitive amenity like in first class (where it appears on every flight on every seat).

Thus, it seems you are seeing the amenity Delta promised, and whining for no reason. Here is their press release, where you can see the branding up close: http://news.delta.com/delta-launches...lass-customers

If you are referring to the white Westin DUVETS that are in Delta One, Delta never advertised duvets in domestic First Class. Only in Delta One. The thinner Westin-branded blankets are the standard in First Class.