FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 757-200 EWR to PHX lie flat premium service?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:47 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzen
to cancel the booking United wanted $$
AA is the only workable alternative to UA (especially as United has no flight that works as the cancelled those)
i booked > United changed so it was unusable > have to cancel but still need to be in PHX for Christmas so I now have to book a flight with AA that would be insanely expensive on the original date (90k pP) or fly with AA one day earlier and use another vacation day and have another expense for the additional hotel room
Presuming I understand you, and you have not already executed any change to your original/rescheduled itinerary, I would recommend the following: 1. search for alternative itineraries on UA (including revenue ones), 2. call UA and say the schedule change to your ticket is unacceptable, 3. request change to your desired itinerary. Do not worry about fare class availability as the initial change is initiated by UA, but to attempt to work it out with UA rather than cancelling and purchasing an expensive alternative (and being upset about it).