FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 757-200 EWR to PHX lie flat premium service?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:29 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by blitzen
And guess what happened ..... got an email that my flight changed now departure 5:55am and a stop in Houston on the way ..... who would want to pay full price for something like this (I take non stop over first).
So I called and they wanted to charge me with redeposit fee (was an expensive 50k redemption). Are they kidding .... so I told the CSR that even by United rules a move of 6+ and addition of a stop results in a free cancellation/re-book/.... so she put me on hold and said "as a one time exception" to which I stated that that is beeswax and that are just the rules .... this is my right you are not doing me any favors. Then I asked her about the change fee due to me ... She didn't understand ... I told her that the changes now force me to by a AA ticket which is hundreds of $ more expensive compared to when I booked this flight back in July/August .... she just mentioned "go through our website"
No usable United option on 12/22 > they would arrive too late
On 12/21 there are only 7am / 6pm / 8pm departures
AA had better times 7/10:40/1:40/4:55 but on 12/22 (original date) they wanted 90k pP so I had to go with 12/21 for 55k pP (10% back due to CC).
Now I have to use another vacation day (aka cancel another trip) and book one more night in a hotel.
And thanks to our lawmakers United caused me to have a monetary loss (no fault of mine initiated 100% by United) and they walk away clear and free while I have the monetary etc. burden
This is incoherent. What change fee are you talking about and what does AA have to do with anything? Can you provide a simpler/understandable description of the problem(s)?