FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Platinum Package
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:22 am
wkndtraveler

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Something odd is going on in this thread. For once we see an improvement in the Accor Platinum treatment: A nice welcome pack, which is decidedly better than the poor letter with card we used to get. What do we do? We complain. "Only for half the year", "Why bother" etc. etc. Maybe that's why we can't have nice things.

I for one enjoyed the new pack and consider it a nice gesture which Accor obviously have decided should come early and can not wait until the renewal date.

We all know there are plenty of faults in Le Club, getting card mid-year with a free notebook is not one of them. Just my two cents...
I don’t care that much whether the loyalty card comes inside an ordinary envelope along with a list of benefits or in a fancy cardboard box. I throw them both to trash can anyway.

The notebook was a nice surprise indeed but there is something wrong with the timing. For me the message is this: here is your new card that you soon can’t use any longer.

Those who will re-qualify need a new card again in the beginning of the year.

It's not my money but this extra mailing closer to end of the year has surely costed a lot and Accor has many areas where it needs to improve and to invest. More than a new looking card I wished that we would have been able to use the (current) card at FRHI hotels, too, like FRHI top-tier customers got their status matched in LCAH last year already.

What the top-tier members of LCAH got? A new card that expires after a few months. Why should I be satisfied?