FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:51 am
spk307

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
Hi,

I do not have an existing UOB bank account and have been trying to apply for the PPV and Preferred Visa Cards via the online application. Over the course of the last 3 months, I've tried multiple browsers on both Mac, and Windows but on each the application doesn't go through - after uploading the required documents I click 'continue' and then nothing happens.

Has this happened to anyone here and were you able to find a workaround?

I went to the Branch and they said it's only possible to apply for those cards online. The customer hotline can't help me and direct me back to the branch. I know that existing UOB account holders are able to apply for these two cards via online banking. Now I'm thinking I might just need to open a bank account with UOB to apply for these two cards.

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions!

if all else fails, go to their branch and apply for a basic credit card. A savings or current account will also help the application. Once you get the account and credit limit etc, it's easier to apply for premium cards. At least that's what I was informed.

Unfortunately UOB was unable to 'find' my credit report and rejected my application for basic card. This when I was able to get cards from Citi, Amex and DBS.