FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25K Promo miles from AA/DirecTV never given.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:01 pm
bobunf

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
I think there must be a school of "How to rip off your customers" that all the marketing people at Fortune 500 companies attend.

I've had problems, similar to those described above, with Spectrum, COX and ADT getting Visa Gift cards out of them. They set up obstacles that increasing numbers of customers trip over to the point that only the deranged (like me) manage to actually collect.

I suspect AT&T has presentations from 20 something jerks showing how much of the company's money their brilliant obstacle policy has saved them. "We had to pay out only 6% of the promos!" But, I suspect, none of these bozos includes in their calculations the customer service costs from people pursuing the thing for hours up to and beyond the bitter end. Nor the reputation cost, answering AG complaints, the risk of class action lawsuits, etc.

And the marketing value of all such promotions must suffer as it become widely known that AT&T doesn't pay its just debts.