FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:39 pm
raghu

First time trying to use Avianca miles. I have 60,000+ miles.

Two days ago, I checked for availability for 3 business class seats on SWISS for travel from Mumbai (India) to Miami for June 2018. It is 234,000 miles for three tickets, and since you only need 40 percent of the total miles in the account (with the difference in miles to be bought at about 1.5cpm at the time of purchase), I checked -- it did show that I needed a minimum of 94,000 miles and the rest could be bought at the time of the booking.

So I figured I will buy enough miles to get to the 40% limit and buy the rest at the time of actual booking. I was busy yesterday, so tried to buy the remaining 34,000 miles using the 2 for 1 promotion; but I figured, let me check again before I buy the miles.

But, today the interface has changed -- and when I try for the same routing for the same day (I checked on United website both two days ago and today, no change in availability) I get this message:
"The origin/destination entered is not available for the selected airline. Please try with another search"

(When I try Air India for India to USA, same message; only option it shows for India to USA is by Turkish Airlines, and the days it shows will not work for me.)

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.