FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:27 pm
jan_believes

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Specific question on rounding redemption(s)

RE: Barclay Arrival

Was wondering on the basis of experience if someone could answer regarding how to get the best bang for the buck on redemptions when the points on account are insufficient for total giveback.

I want to buy an airline ticket for my DD for Oct. travel, since she won't make it home for the holidays. I am planning on a FC ticket for about $377 on AA. I definitely won't spend enough on the Arrival even in 90 days to reach enough to hit the total.

What should I plan on for points strategy? Does Barclay do partial redemptions over $100 by rounding to the twenty-fives?

To be more specific, the coach fare is $255.00, so in my mind if I get, say, $250 back, that would be acceptable. But is it realistic to think that on a $377 ticket, I could expect Barclay to offer such a variable option? What would be an approximate expectation, if anybody knows?

Thanks for reading.