FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH treated me better than United!
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:58 am
joppiesaus

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by seat38a
Visited the Business Class section at CPH in June, was not impressed with the breakfast spread or the LACK of booze on offer. Only wine and beer in the lounge. I prefer the fresh items such as mixed fruit and whole fruits that are available at United Clubs than all of the dried stuff on offer at CPH.
Two comments here:

1) If you were in the Business Class lounge downstairs and not the Gold lounge upstairs - sometimes the food offerings are slightly nicer upstairs. Also, the breakfast offerings are standard continental but the lunch/dinner tends to be better. (Timed it once to be there to see both breakfast and lunch )

2) I have been consistently underwhelmed by UA clubs. Once I needed a quick printout of my connecting Eurowings flight and the workers just shrugged and said, sorry our printers don't work. Also I find the UA clubs super chaotic and the food just middling to miserable. To each their own, I suppose!

More on topic:

In my experience as a non LH *G on LH/LX metal - I have often been told at check-in that they would keep the seats next to me free as long as possible on longhaul Y tickets, which makes all the difference to stretch out on FRA-SFO in cattle class!