FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Visa / Visas Master Thread (all you need to know)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:31 am
Edgerfly
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I'm currently having an argument with two flight attendant friends of mine who want to come to Shanghai with me but don't have Chinese Visas. One of my friends insists if you have an onward flight out of PVG/SHA within the 144hr window, the airline will let you depart from the states to China, then onto your next flight. You just have to present a confirmed ticket within the 144hr window that is a booked flight to somewhere out of mainland China. Her plan was to fly with us to Shanghai, stay a day or two, then leave for Thailand and have a ticket already booked to continue on and be able to board the Shanghai bound flight without a Chinese Visa.

However friend number two asked one of her co-workers because the co-workers mom is a counter agent. Co-workers mom said that she doesn't allow anyone to go to china without a visa, and she doesn't issue boarding passes to people going to china without a chinese visa. This is AA btw.

im pretty sure friend number one is right, but that's why I'm asking. Also if she is right, how many people has that AA agent screwed over I wonder, or if AA has a specific policy?