FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I didn't stick my finger in it" (FA response to type of pasta)- Recent AA Experience
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:25 pm
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by SvenAge
I agree - staff are trying to do a job and they're being bothered by every third person asking if it's fusilli or farfalle. For two-thirds of the plane, I can see why that would be annoying. I have no issue with people and their specific dietary needs, but the sense of entitlement besides this is too much. It's like the guy in the fast food place where that keeps the server in conversation while the rest of us are lined up (10 of us) behind waiting to be served - wishing he'd just let the server do his job - and find that two minutes later the server has still served no one else because all the guy wants to do is talk to him about pokemon figurines.
Yes chit chat or bantering when there is a line behind you is a big NO-NO.
Slightly OT- Suburban New York Bagel shop in Detroit area, line up every Sunday for hot bagels around 8 AM. At least ten minute line. We would all shuffle our feet waiting our turn...one guy would reach his turn and then studies the menu board of varieties ab=nd starts " I don't know...give me two X, two Y and then ummm , maybe 4 salt and all of a sudden How many did I get ! All in line get visibly irritated !
Next Sunday the same guy, same deal. Third Sunday a repeat...I could not hold myself, when he reached the order taker I yelled out " Give him a dozen assorted " ! Everyone cheered but the guy kept his routine ...I changed my schedule.