FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I didn't stick my finger in it" (FA response to type of pasta)- Recent AA Experience
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:23 pm
Paulchili

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by SvenAge
Deflecting the issue to someone else really isn't addressing your challenge here. I'm not bothered either way. My point is simple - I can see that staff have things to get on with and that answering multiple questions one-by-one repeatedly impacts service levels to the majority. For those that do make these requests, then these service levels will be improved. The question really is about whether the fussiness of others should be questioned. "How long has the meal been heated?", "How do I know it's coooked just right?", "Is it alright if you bring it back to me in five minutes?", "Do you know whether it has less than 400 calories?", "How fresh is the meat in this?", "do you know where this product was sourced from?", "why haven't we eaten already?", "what time is it in japan?", "are you sure it's 630 there?", "could you heat this bottle up for me"... yeah the customer service should be great when faced with these kinds of random stupid questions... People make the assumption that these things are answered on the spot. Ever noticed a FA disappear for half an hour based on one person's request? You can be sure this annoyed all the other FA and made their jobs more challenging.
Did you actually hear and personally witness all these questions or are you just being extremely creative in making them up?
If they are indeed true and happened all on the same flight rather than individual requests over many years of your flying experience, then I agree that they would be annoying but this has no relation to OP's very simple and not annoying question. Also, there is no evidence that OP's simple question was preceded by all these silly requests and thus justifying FA's annoyance and rudeness.