FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Munich to Paris in 4 travel days
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:55 pm
kmandrew

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for all the advice.

Please let me know if you think this is too ambitious. We land in BUD late June - 2 nights (our third visit here, love the city, Buda Hilton on points), take the train to Salzburg - 2 nights - then take the train to Munich where we can stay at either central Hilton (they charge the same amount of points) - 2 nights. Next day pick up an early car rental to visit Linderhof/Neuschwanstein then wandering our way to Tubingen to spend the night. The next day drive to Rothenburg (hopefully we will find a scenic route), spend the night, then stay in either Heidelberg or Frankfurt for our last night in Germany, finally dropping off the car at the Frankfurt train station - on to Paris for 5 nights.

Is it possible to drive from Munich to Tubingen with the 2 stops and not feel rushed, July so hopefully plenty of daylight? My wife doesn't like one night hotel stays so maybe we could just visit Rothenburg and spend 2 nights in Heidelberg, we would have the car to visit Trier if possible?

I'm very open minded to suggestions, we want to use Honors points when practical but not at the expense of common sense. We also have IHG points for Salzburg and Heidelberg.