FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip to Sri Lanka (and Singapore & Hong Kong)
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:22 pm
kevincrumbs

Programs: Free agent!
22 May 2016
Singapore Airlines 15
Seoul/Incheon International (ICN)
19:50
Singapore Changi (SIN) 00:45 +1
5h 56m
Boeing 777-300ER
9V-SWP

Our plane on the ground at ICN and being recatered

I was starting to feel quite tired by the time I was on this leg, so I believe I had my meal and mainly slept

SQ's famous satay, which is not available ex-SFO, unfortunately

Marinated prawns niçoise salad with tomato, green beans, boiled egg, kalamata olives and balsamic vinaigrette

Book the Cook: Herb mustard crusted lamb loin. My last Western meal for about a week. It was fine.

Of course, the downside to any daytime flight ex-USA to SIN means a very late arrival into SIN. Immigration was fine but the bag took a bit of time to show up. Customs was also okay but due to the late arrival into SIN, the only option seemed to be a taxi. The queue was very, very long and moved slowly and in addition, the fifty percent late night surcharge was in effect. After about a half hour drive through a surprisingly sleepy Singapore, the taxi dropped me off at New Majestic Hotel. The hotel has since closed but at the time was a Design Hotel affiliated with SPG. Upon check-in the hotel was deserted and quite dark, looking almost like it was closed. Check in itself was fine but I really had to push to receive some sort of late check out as a SPG Gold. Instead of being given a four pm check out, they let me check out at one pm.

Non-smoking Premier Room. Small room with a divider between the bed and the closet area. The television was on the other side of this divider

View from the bed

Wall art above the bed