FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pro-active Online Upgrade (POUG) tracking and discussion | 2017/18 thread
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:06 am
stu002

Flying TPA to LWG in June 2018. Booked WT and was offered upgrade to WT+ for £190 each only 3 or 4 days after I booked in July 17. This was dropped to £160 each at end of Aug 17 so decided to take it.

When I tried to take the offer on the App it kept failing so I called Customer Service. First call centre (located overseas) kept pushing me around agents and said offer had expired and quoted £2,000 for same upgrade. Failed in my attempt to speak to someone more senior or to complain (kept being told to go to the website).

Called back and got UK based call centre and agent tried to override system but told me that POUG's are managed by web team. He did put a note on my account to ask Airport agents to offer me upgrade there at same price.

Annoyed by not being able to upgrade I dug out the laptop, found the same offer on the desktop site and low and behold it went through first time....

But happy with my £160 per pax upgrade so far in advance of the flight.