FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TP Run from LHR? - travel buddy required!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:58 pm
TPRun

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Red face

Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234
Depends how much you want to spend.

Royal Jordanian have cheapish flights in Business to KUL and HKG for 560TP. Its a good business class and they use 787s all the way I think. They only fly on certain days though

Last year I did DUB-PHL-SEA-JFK-DUB in an AA sale for less than £1,000. Cheapest I could see last time I looked was much more than that but a lot less than a direct flight from LHR for twice the TP and much more Avios
Wow that AA sale must have given you some great TPs? Do you book each leg sep or multi-city? F or Business? I'm tempted to do a TP just to document the run and see if I can do it! I think it'll make for a great go-pro experience!

Originally Posted by arnie.
As someone who's wanted to attend a Do for a while but always seems to be in the wrong place when they're happening, all the responses when they happen seem to be nothing but positive. Perhaps see you at one soon.

Good luck with the TP runs. I've found my intake greatly increase over the last 1.5 years, and have often found that flying with QR and CX* when goImg east is often beneficial (despite the lower Avios accrual) in J with rather attractive prices. I'd try RJ, but I've heard some fairly bad stories with them regarding providing the points owed.

*Not a dig at BA, who I still enjoy flying with. Just seems more recently to have made better financial sense and I'm more inclined than most to give up the extra time for connections in DOH or HKG if I lose out on weekends.
Thanks for the tip. I'm looking to see how much the train to Leeds is... don't think I'll fly from LHR, although I live 20 mins from it

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
We were all newbies at some point. Every Do seems to be a collection of frequent Do people and new faces, I wouldn't hesitate to come along. There is often a Do in London around Christmas time, or rather just before, though I don't think I've seen a date for this year yet. I change my signature (eventually) to indicate the next Do.
Thanks. I'm checking leeds pricing/hotels that I saw on the Wiki page. I'm enjoying this forum, lots of friendly/helpful tips/comments.
I'll look out for the London one especially as I work in the city. Thanks!