FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:42 am
runway27L

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... BA didn't give you an alternative to the 3 hour delay therefore they are on the hook for that. If the easyJet service got you back within the 3 hours then personally that looks like you chose to opt out of your BA arrangements and use another carrier, either way you weren't delayed 3 hours. You mentioned that BA offered other rebooking options so without knowing the details of that then it is unclear what else may have been on the table ...
Many thanks kaka and CWS.

CWS - in answer to the above, the flight I was due to take was the last BA flight out of Bergerac on a Sunday evening and other BA flights for the day in the region (Bordeaux, Toulouse) had either flown or were about to and so it would've been impossible to be rebooked on to any of those. So the rebookings offered by BA were all for the next morning or afternoon (i.e. 12+ hours later than my initial Bergerac flight). I will pursue on that basis.

EDIT: I should add that the easyJet flight I took was v early the next morning. So again, well over 3 hours from the initial scheduled BA flight time.

Last edited by runway27L; Sep 11, 2017 at 4:49 am