FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calgary couple frustrated by airline response after getting caught in hurricane
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:50 pm
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by 172pilot
Why aren't customers doing some research before spending their hard earned money? Everybody loves to blame someone else for their stupidity.

You can't fix stupid.
No one is going to argue that there is some responsibility for a consumer to undertake due diligence. However, there is both a moral and legal obligation of the commercial enterprise to act in an acceptable manner. Why is Air Canada Vacations still selling packages for hotels that are damaged?

I direct your attention to this gem from Air Canada vacations;
For over 30 years, we have worked with travel partners to make Air Canada Vacations a name Canadians can trust.
Well, Air Canada Vacations says you can trust it. Are you now saying that consumers should not trust the company, that Air Canada Vacations isn't a reliable vendor?

I am not picking on Air Canada Vacations because I doubt Sun Wing or Air Transat are any better. It's the nature of the vacation package sector. However, my point is that one should not pee all over the aggrieved customer because the conditions of sale and nature of the business are such that sometimes the customer has few options other than to lose the purchase. It's a difficult pill to swallow for people of modest financial means and who are not really helped by the package tour vendor.