FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The incredible Pan Am Experience at Air Hollywood
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:55 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The incredible Pan Am Experience at Air Hollywood

A few weeks ago, Mrs. SFO777 made the mistake of asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday.

So... tonight we're off to "The Valley" and Air Hollywood, one of the movie industry's biggest suppliers of aviation props, airplane interiors, seating areas, fusilages for film scenes. Air Hollywood is owned by aviation geek Talaat Captan who teamed up with fellow geek and Pan Am obessed memorabilia collector Anthony Toth to recreate the glory days of Pan Am. The result is The Pan Am Experience, a wonderful 4 hour step back in time that includes a nostalgic Pan Am museum, Hollywood show and dinner on board an actual 747-200 rescued from the desert. The experience takes place every other Saturday evening at Air Hollywood's studios in Pacoima. This is one hard ticket to get and I lucked out when I discovered that someone had canceled their Upper Deck reservation on Friday. So we're off up the 405 for the 90 minute drive.

Inside is a wonderful Pan Am museum and lounge for guests to mingle prior to "boarding". First stop was check-in where we selected our seats on the Upper Deck.

We enjoyed a cocktail and met some other people including a couple (she works for Lufthansa in NYC) that flew in from New York just for tonight.

In addition to the actual old Pan Am seats, there was some wonderful Pan Am memorabilia on display.

Cabin crew was announced and they made their entrance before boarding to prep our service tonight.

Boarding began around 7:30p. We boarded last as we stayed back to chat with amiable CEO Talaat Captan.

For more information on this fun experience, visit panamexperience.com

And for more pics and an HD version of this report, please visit SFO777.com where I've posted the onboard and dinner installment.
The Pan Am Experience on the Upper Deck of a 747-200

Will post to FT as soon as possible.