FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2017
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:15 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My one alcoholic drink was not offered specifically to me as an elite the way Alaska Airlines does to Golds in coach. I selected the sparkling wine when the FA came around for beverage orders, with no Mosaic acknowledgement, but no request for payment either.
Honestly, I prefer it this way.

The crew knows about the benefit and so do I. I get my free drink and often a thank you for being Mosaic but the two are not publicly intertwined. I don't need a public love fest that's more about marketing to those around me that they could also eventually get free drinks. Just deliver on my benefit and lets move on.

I've actually had a few FAs appear disappointed when I didn't take a drink as they wanted to make sure I was getting the value.

Also had one flight where me and my wife booked the D/F seat pair. I moved to E when we boarded since it was otherwise assigned. The FA got very confused why a woman was sitting where I was supposed to be (and it was the E pax, not my wife, so the FA calling her "Mrs. sbm12" was particularly amusing to everyone). But the free drinks were assigned to the correct tab, without any fuss.

Last edited by sbm12; Sep 9, 2017 at 12:25 am