FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:47 am
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I think Delta may suspect that it left a lot of money on the table in the past with FCM. I suspect FCM is mainly targeted at corporate travelers where corporate travel policy doesn't permit F, A, I, or P fares. So the calculation from the base fare isn't as important. Any hope by Medallions that 'loyalty' will warrant a cheaper FCM offer is a pipe dream. If anything, the 'captive' audience will be fleeced for even more dollars.
Don't believe for a moment that I am expecting any loyalty-related bargains. I no longer expect loyalty to yield much of anything.

I predicted from the beginning that Va Ave would roll out FCM at bargain rates to get folks used to the concept (like free drugs handed out on a street corner) and then, when the time seemed right, the prices would be ratcheted up.

Look at this thread for proof. It started out with folks decrying the concept of FCM and now, 3600 posts later, we have folks bragging about the offers they have found.

In my profession, we call that normalizing the deviation (or, as some say, normalizing the deviance).

The money previously left on the table was just a business development investment.