FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:56 am
JamieDass

Programs: Aeroplan
Hi all, first time posting here but I’ve been a long-time lurker and am indebted to the users here for their unwitting help and advice in making my first ever Aeroplan booking.

I managed to book the following in J for 2 people next summer:

SFO-NRT (NH) 77W J
NRT-ICN (OZ) 321 J
ICN-IST (TK) 777 J
IST-ATH (TK) 333 Y [destination]

ATH-IST (TK) 73J J
IST-WAW (TK) 321 J [stop]

WAW-ZRH (LX) CS1 J
ZRH-YUL (LX) 333 J
YUL-YYZ (AC) 333 J
YYZ-YVR (AC) 77L J [open jaw]

I’m keeping an eye on the IST-ATH leg to see if J becomes available.
Ideally I’d avoid ICN and take NRT-IST directly but there was no J availability when I booked.
Similarly if we could take YUL-YVR direct on the return we would, but it’s not available in J. I’ll probably ask if we can switch to the direct flight when we get to YUL.
We thought about doing a layover in either NRT or ICN but unfortunately the flight timings didn’t really work out for us.

I realize this is a rather complicated routing but this will be the first time either of us has been in long-haul J and we’re both willing to take a longer routing to try more airlines.

I got the idea to try routing NA-Europe over Asia when Aeroplan offered me an IST-SFO trip via ICN when I was searching for combinations. I was quoted an SFO-ATH city-pair mileage of 11265 which offers quite a lot of flexibility for a NA-Europe 2 route

The total cost was 115k AP + C$393.62pp plus phone charge.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me without knowing it! Particular tips of the hat to jerryhung’s YQ-saving post, mini-RTW questions, and the city pair mileage post.