FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Deerfield (Illinois - N Chicago) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:31 pm
prncess674

I want to like this hotel

Introduction I want to like this hotel more because it is so darn convenient to my client so I can't totally bash it. The rooms are all spacious studio suites which make them bigger than the average hotel room, There is a sleeping area and sitting area that is separated by a big book case. The TV swivels so you can watch it from the living area or the sleeping area. The hotel has a good restaurant and it is reasonably priced for hotels. They have a fake Starbucks in the lobby, though the people who man it are super sweet. The front desk is inconsistent with their service. You have to remind them of your Globalist benefits. If you are a Globalist be prepared to stop by the front desk to get your free upgraded internet adjusted off the bill at the end of your stay. Especially annoying since it negates being able to use self checkout. In my two months staying here I have had to stop by every time to get it adjusted off. Globalist also receive free breakfast certs which are frequently not given without prompting. They allow you to have a. the buffet in the restaurant b. a breakfast entree in the restaurant with a drink c. an item from SBUX and a drinkThey will frequently give you 2 free drink coupons, but that too is inconsistently given My biggest complaint is that on two occasions I pulled back the comforter and it honestly looked like someone had slept in the bed. On a separate occasion, I checked in late and got in the bed and in the middle of the night, I realized I was touching bare mattress. They don't use fitted sheets so a flat is tucked in and used as the bottom sheet. Basically the bed was short sheeted. Rather than take the 20 seconds to put the sheet on correctly they left a gap at the top near the headboard and so as soon as you got in bare mattress was exposed. The sides of the sheets, which should have been top/bottom were stuffed with sheet. I was disgusted and had to get up in the middle of the night and completely remake a king size bed. Overall I suggest you check everything before accepting it. I have had problems with broken remotes, non functioning hair dryers, dirty sheets, short sheeted beds, keys that don't work. Also check your bill at check out meticulously as errors are abundant. Location Great if you are visting one of the local companies in the area. Dining The hotel has a good restaurant and it is reasonably priced for hotels. They have a fake Starbucks in the lobby, though the people who man it are super sweet.Globalist receive free breakfast certs which are frequently not given without prompting. They allow you to have a. the buffet in the restaurantb. a breakfast entree in the restaurant with a drink c. an item from SBUX and a drinkThey will frequently give you 2 free drink coupons, but that too is inconsistently given. The breakfast is good and quick Service The hotel is pretty slow and mediocre at answering requests. Even though there are multiple buttons on the phone for housekeeping, room service, front desk, etc they all go to the same place. It is just easier to dial 0 and ask for the place you want. Room The rooms are all spacious studio suites which make them bigger than the average hotel room, There is a sleeping area and sitting area that is separated by a big book case. The TV swivels so you can watch it from the living area or the sleeping area. My favorite part is the charging dock by the bed that includes 3 plugs and 2 USB ports.My biggest complaint is that on two occasions I pulled back the comforter and it honestly looked like someone had slept in the bed. On a separate occasion, I checked in late and got in the bed and in the middle of the night, I realized I was touching bare mattress. They don't use fitted sheets so a flat is tucked in and used as the bottom sheet. Basically, the bed was short sheeted. Rather than take the 20 seconds to put the sheet on correctly they left a gap at the top near the headboard and so as soon as you got in bare mattress was exposed. The sides of the sheets, which should have been top/bottom were stuffed with excess sheet. I was disgusted and had to get up in the middle of the night and completely remake a king size bed. Overall I suggest you check everything before accepting it. I have had problems with broken remotes, non-functioning hair dryers, dirty sheets, short sheeted beds, keys that don't work. Also check your bill at check out meticulously as errors are abundant. Check In The staff do not seem versed on benefits of status, so be prepared to nudge them and ask for your basic benefits. Overall Just okay. They need better training.