FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:36 pm
ClarkGriswold

Originally Posted by pWei
They might be a tad busy with the recent flood. Not sure how affected the galleria area was, but just saying.
I don't think it's just that. I was there a few weeks ago, and I definitely got the vibe that the club wasn't a high priority and likely headed down the tube. Broken espresso machine, no desserts in evening (not even a cookie )), and no staff around in the afternoon -- all very different from a visit about year ago.

It's a shame, Arthur who worked there a lot was a cool guy, who apparently used to be the personal butler for some Houston area billionaire or the like.

Curious, I looked at the website to see the premium for a club room at the time was like $30. I don't see how any club can be profitable on that margin (especially since the weekend mix of people in the club seemed to be a lot of families or groups of friends on staycations, etc).

I've been at this property 4-5 times now, and the whole experience can best described as uneven. Sometimes it's been really good, sometimes really meh.