FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Flights Fuelled by Freshii as 1st Oct. 2017
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:05 am
RatherBeInYOW

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by AskTravis
While it might be fresh, Freshii is definitely not low calorie... they were strongly opposed to the new regulations about posting of calories in chains in Ontario.

I can't find the other article I am thinking of, but here is a bit of it:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/freshi...-law-1.4100200

ps, not saying their stance is wrong - "Count nutrients, not calories" is a great way to look at take out meals - but they are not 100% clean on what is hidden in their so-called healthy bowls.
Ugh, this drives me nuts. It certainly matters what calories you are eating, and 800 calories of quinoa and avocado and 800 calories of chocolate bars are not the same thing when it comes to the effects on your body, which I am sure is Freshiis point. None the less, weight loss is a pretty simple equation, and if you are pouring 4000 calories a day of quinoa and avocado in to your body you are not going to be losing weight unless you happen to be training for an Ironman at the same time.

Places like Freshii just reek of marketing, which just puts me off completely. Position yourself as "healthy" and capture the market that feel guilty about eating at McDonalds but instead feel better about themselves eating at your restaurant. Whether that is actually true or not (i.e. they probably should have had a yoghurt and banana for lunch instead anyway).

However, given the buy on board options on AC and what is available at most airports to buy ahead of time ... maybe this will count as an improvement? I guess we'll see.