FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay with points and money??
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:06 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by acarney
I'm now looking at checking into the Universal Hilton Oct 28th and checking out Oct 30th (so a two night stay). I can see that 50,000 points would give me one night free and the second night would be ~$220 + whatever tax. That leaves 16,000 points unused though so I'm wondering what the cost would be if I used all 66,000 with pay with points for that stay. Right now it's pricing out as $217.55 for the 28th and $222.13 for the 29th for a total of $508.93 after tax. I'm sorry for having to ask for someone to go price it for me but I did contact Hilton and they couldn't tell me crap...

Also, I assume I get my gold benefits even if I pay with points and money, right? (Boy I'm really and SPG guy.... lol)
I just priced this for you and using 66k points, would take it to 66k points + $173. In the new Hilton points + cash option, the points are used at a fixed value of 0.5 cents each.

I would really advise against transferring Amex points to Hilton and doing this redemption, as it's a pretty terrible value of Amex points, but hey, they're your points. I would recommend checking your Amex Offers on your Platinum card and looking for the current Hilton Spend $250+, get $$ back. And yes you get your gold benefits regardless of cash, points, or cash + points.