FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian inter-island first/business class as an excursion segment?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:14 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by daq
I've seen a bunch of articles talk about booking an Hawaiian inter-island flight on United to use the "excursionist perk" to get a free one way intra-region flight anywhere else. Some articles mention booking the Hawaiian flights in first/business class to get a free first/business class flight, but I don't see any option for that on any day (at least on the OGG-HNL flights). However, the 8500 mile business or 10000 mile first class option is on United's awards chart.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!
This doesn't actually make any sense. Can you provide an itinerary you're thinking of (or a link to an article)?

I can fly OGG-HNL-IAH and LAS-SFO-OGG with IAH-LAS as an excursionist perk. Originating in Hawaii, finishing in Hawaii, excursionist perk in another region. Conforms to the rules.

One thing to remember is Hawaiian is a United "partner" airline, not a Star Alliance partner. I'm pretty sure the difference plays into availability of HA as an Excursionist perk carrier.