FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awful food and service in CW
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:22 am
thinkingallowed

Programs: Baec
Awful food and service in CW

BA010 BKK-LHR

Not entirely sure what went wrong on this flight but the food and service were just an absolute disgrace.

Now before I start with what I got I thought there were some strange choices on the menu.
So are on a flight from Bangkok to London and you'll have some locals and holiday makers that wish to have a taste of Thailand in their meal choices. First meal service has Thai Green Curry (veg) and the second Thai Red Curry (chicken). Really? No one could come up with two Thai dishes that were a little bit more different?

So anyway the meal service begins and I was going to have the chicken satay starter and main course salad with grilled prawns. Unfortunately the chicken satay dish is off and has been replaced by a prawn dish which turns out to be every ingredient from the chicken satay apart from the chicken and obviously with prawns.
"Ah," I said, "don't want the prawns for starter as I'm having the prawn main meal."
I should not have worried as the prawn salad was off.
So I know where they got the prawns from but wonder where the chicken went.

Ok so prawns for starter and I'll have garlic herb crusted chicken breast with onion sauce, mashed potatoes, mushroom, spinach and tomato. What could go wrong with that.
Well I'm not sure how they did it but the potatoes were disgusting to the point I wasn't eating them. The chicken breast was dry and I got no hint of herb or garlic or chicken to be honest and the onion sauce could not save it even if there had been enough of it. Mushrooms were very meh, tomato and spinach were fine but all in all inedible. The bread roll didn't win any prizes either. I just gave up and refused to eat it.

Now when this was served I'd been drinking rose champagne and really wanted a glass of chardonnay but the FA was off too quickly. No problem, press the call bell. Which is reset before anyone comes. Press it again and think I'd better get on with eating my food. Eventually some one arrives and notices I'm not eating my main course and after I tell them it is disgusting I ask why no one has answered my call button. Obviously I'm just asked what did I want and I say it was the wine but it is a bit too late now and I'll have port instead as cheese and crackers will be my next choice. This does not appear for fifteen minutes. During that time I am offered the vegetable thai green curry to replace my inedible main but that isn't going work for me.

So a couple of hours later I'm a bit peckish and go to raid the club kitchen where I find some quite pleasant snacks. Back at my seat I think I need a G&T with this but ten minutes later no one has arrived or even been in our cabin. There is no one in the galley between the two club world cabins and indeed no member of staff in the larger CW cabin. I do find one in the second galley. I ask and my call button is tested and appears to be working but three times I've tried to use it and been ignored. Bad service.

Now on to the second meal service. Strangely there appears to be no choice unlike stated in the menu. I ask the FA about this but am just told everyone is having the same, no explanation.
The starter turns out to be smoked salmon with a wasabi dressing. The dressing is tasteless but salmon is fine. Now this is a pity because my choice of main was going to be a meze that had smoked salmon as a major part and now I have to choose again. This is like the two Thai curry dishes strange or inept menu planning with two dishes containing something as strong tasting as smoked salmon.

I find it strange that the fresh fruit dessert is served with the starter?

Ok main meal choice. Or actually complete lack of choice. The Thai red curry or the aforementioned meze are the only things left. Now I don't want smoked salmon followed by smoked salmon so I'm given one choice and this is unacceptable to me and I tell the FA so and just want my table cleared and decide to get something to eat when I disembark in a restaurant.

All in all the lack of service and terrible food were completely unacceptable.

The strange thing about all this is that on my flight out I was in Economy and ordered a £15 vegetarian kitchen meal which was an absolute pleasure to eat and of much higher quality than my CW meal.

As well as having a whinge on here I shall be complaining to BA but does anyone have an email address one can do this through rather than through that form where you don't seem to be able to save your last correspondence with them and know that many of your points are unanswered but you are not 100% sure which. Also some to complain to that is not going to come up with stock answers like update your preferences in your account.