FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which boarding group for exit rows ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:04 pm
flightfulbird

Updating about boarding group and priority boarding out of HNL after flight yesterday -

Exit row 9 ---> boarding group B

And has anyone gotten priority boarding out of HNL - or had trouble getting it/ been denied purchasing it because it "wasn't available" ?

Phone agent had said priority boarding wasn't available out of HNL when we called to switch our flights to a week later - even though we had paid for it on that itinerary when booking our flights - so the agent refunded the cost of it into travel bank.

Yet, after First Class - Main Cabin Select + elite pax - and families with small children - came the call for priority boarding (the agent said "anyone who has PRIORITY printed on their boarding pass") - and a ton of people lined up for it and boarded.

Then group A - then we boarded with group B.

While the priority group was boarding, I went to ask the gate agent about it because it was such a large group and I wanted to check on how to snag it in the future. She said it wasn't available at this airport. I nicely asked "but it's priority boarding happening right now !" and she said that was only for special rows, a certain group - row 4 was one of the rows - no real answer.

Amazingly enough, there was still overhead space right above our seats so it worked out ok to get the travel bank refund and board with group B - but obviously priority boarding IS available out of HNL somehow for certain situations so if that's something you want for sure, look into it before purchasing.

We have TSA Precheck so the priority security that goes along with priority boarding on VX wasn't a factor for us - if we didn't have precheck, it would've been way more important to have the boarding/priority issue sorted out.

Thank you all for your responses to my questions !